Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Your personal data are very important to us and we make all reasonable efforts to undertake the necessary measures to keep your privacy. Please carefully read this privacy notice before you provide us with your personal data.
Data controller of the personal data that you share with us is the respective SiteGround company at which you are currently applying for a job via our websites: https://jobs.siteground.bg/ and/or https://www.siteground.com/ or through a respective job applicants platform. Depending on this, a data controller of your data shall be:
- In Bulgaria - SiteGround Hosting EOOD, a single owner limited liability company, established and existing under the laws of the Republic of Bulgaria, having its seat and registered address at 6 Olimpiyska Str., fl. 7, 1766 Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria, entered into the Commercial Register and Register of NPLE with the Registry Agency under UIC 204181297;
- In Spain - SiteGround Spain S.L., a company established and existing under the laws of the Kingdom of Spain, having its seat and registered address at Calle de Prim 19, 28004 Madrid, Kingdom of Spain, with a registration number CIF: B87194171;
(hereinafter shortly referred as “SiteGround” or the “Controller”).
SiteGround is the data controller in respect of the personal data it collects and holds about you as part of the recruitment process.
This notice outlines the basis on which SiteGround processes your personal data as well as your rights in respect of such personal data.
The data subject is an applicant or candidate, who participates in our recruitment process.
Personal Data We Process
The categories of personal data we may collect and hold about you include:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- personal details such as date of birth and nationality;
- information regarding your educational background, qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- recruitment documentation data, such as interview notes and results from tests for qualifications when SiteGround conducts such tests in the course of the recruitment procedures.
SiteGround collects this information on the basis of documents, such as CV and/or personal letter, and information provided personally by you when applying at our respective company, as well as via interviews, tests and similar means of evaluation. SiteGround may also collect personal data concerning you from third parties, such as former employers, referents, third parties that organize career and recruitment initiatives in which SiteGround participates, etc. If you do not provide us with your personal data in relation to the recruitment process, SiteGround will not be able to go further in the recruitment.
SiteGround does not request to receive from you any sensitive personal data, e.g. racial or ethnical origin, political views, religious or philosophical conviction, union membership, health or sexual orientation, so please do not submit such information in your application.
Purposes of Personal Data Processing
Your personal data are only processed for the purpose to manage the recruitment process in order to communicate with you and to evaluate your profile to our recruitment needs. This process may encompass:
- review of your capabilities and qualifications and process your application in order to determine your eligibility for the position;
- communicate with you in relation to the job opening, interview scheduling, assessment procedure, job offer for the position and other job opportunities;
- legal, ethics, regulatory, health and safety compliance;
- conducting interviews, performing and assessment of tests, processing of other references.
The Basis for Personal Data Processing
SiteGround processes your personal data based on your request as a job applicant prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6, 1 “b” GDPR) in order to appoint the right applicant or candidate to the role advertised. The same shall also apply to your voluntary participation in career and recruitment initiatives organized by third parties in which SiteGround may take part.
In some particular cases we may also use other legal grounds for processing of your personal data, such as: (i) a voluntary provided consent by the job applicant, i.e. in relation to receiving information about other job opportunities after the expiration of the standard period for storing the data, (ii) our legitimate interest to keep accurate records of our recruitment process in case of a query or complaint by a job applicant; (iii) compliance with applicable legal requirements, etc.
Our recruitment processes are not solely based on automated decision-making.
Storage. Access to and Sharing of Your Personal Data
Your data may be stored both on paper and/or in electronic format.
Your personal data will be accessible to SiteGround’s employees whose functions are related to recruitment and HR processes. The access of such employees to your personal data is made to the extent and volume necessary for the performance of their labour functions and duties. These employees are bound by valid obligations for confidentiality and non-disclosure of the personal data accessed by them.
SiteGround will not disclose your personal information to third parties, unless this is required by law. However, the following persons may also have access to the information:
- Professional consultants with an established reputation, i.e. auditors;
- Service providers, i.e. IT support;
- Government and administrative bodies, regulatory authorities, judicial authorities in relation to the fulfilment of their legitimate obligations;
- Companies, part of SiteGround corporate group, due to their close business relations.
The transfer of your data may involve, from time to time, a transfer outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases, we will ensure that the transfer of your personal data is compliant with data protection law. You can receive further information about such transfer by sending us an email to:
We do not sell, make commercial arrangements, or otherwise outsource your personal data.
SiteGround maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data.
- f your job application at SiteGround is successful, we will retain the personal data we have about you, in order to process them in the context of your employment relationship with the company. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in the Employees Privacy Notice, which will be given to you at the time of execution of an employment contract with SiteGround.
- If SiteGround has not proposed a job offer to you, it will keep your personal data only for a fixed term in compliance with the applicable local law. In Bulgaria, the maximum fixed term for applicants’ data retention is 6 months, as of the date when the selection procedure is completed. In Spain, we may keep the applicants’ data for 1 year, as of the job application submission.
- Additionally, internal selection data could be kept for a longer period in compliance with applicable local anti-discrimination legislation.
- Further, we may keep your personal data for a longer period upon expiration of the term under article 6 (ii), based on your voluntary consent to do so. The purpose for the last is to contact you, if there are new vacant positions at SiteGround, which according to us, correspond to your profile. If you have provided your consent to keep your data for contacting you about new vacant positions, we may keep your data for additional term, which would be not more than 2 years in total, as of the initial provision of your data, unless meanwhile you withdraw your consent.
In case the date processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please note that we might still continue to process your data or part of it based on another valid legal ground that we can have in relation to your personal data and job application.
You can withdraw your consent by sending an email with your request at: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights with respect to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access - to access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Right of rectification - to request SiteGround to change incorrect or incomplete data about you;
- Right of erasure ("right to be forgotten”) – to request SiteGround to delete your data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; please note that we may reject or restrict the request in some circumstances depending on the information we hold and our lawful reason to keep the data;
- Right to restrict processing – to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate, unlawful, overriding our legitimate interest or no longer needed);
- Right to object – to object to certain processing of your personal data unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue processing;
- Right to data portability - to request SiteGround to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured commonly used and machine-readable format as well as to request us to transmit your personal data directly to another controller, when this is technically feasible.
The rights listed here are not absolute and there may be an exception in cases provided by law. We will ensure to provide you with explanations regarding such exceptions when you contact us. If you are willing to exercise any of the rights specified above, you may contact SiteGround, as set out below.
If you are willing to exercise your rights under Art. 7 above or if you have any questions with respect to this document, please contact SiteGround by sending an email to:email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that SiteGround processes your personal data in breach of the applicable data protection legislation we will be happy to answer your query via email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you have the right to submit a complaint to the respective Personal Data Protection Authority:
|For Spain||For Bulgaria|
|Spanish Data Protection Authority
(Agencia Española de Protección de Datos)
Address: C/Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, Spain
Telephone: +34 901 100 099/ +34 91 266 35 17
Personal Data Protection Commission
(Комисия за защита на личните данни)
Address: 2, Tsvetan Lazarov Blvd., 1592 Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may need to update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will announce any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.